AFAIK, XDB is created by dbca if you use 9iRel2 ; If you migrate 9iRel1 or 8.1.7.x to
9iRel2
then it is not created. You need to run a set of scripts. There is some reference on
Metalink about this.
Search on XDB;

In 8.1.6.3 you need to edit and run
$ORACLE_HOME//xml/OracleXSU12/lib>ls -l  oraclexmlsqlload.csh
-rwxr-xr-x   1 oracle   dba         2522 Sep 19  2002 oraclexmlsqlload.csh
It will load xmlparser; You may run it against user schema.

HTH
GovindanK

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:04 , Murali_Pavuloori/[EMAIL PROTECTED] sent:

>Gurus:
>
>How can we find out if XML is installed in DB? I looked @ the v$option and
>it doesnot say.
>
>I have queried the dba_users for XDB user...is this the correct way? Please
>help.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Murali.
>
>--
>--
>  INET: Murali_Pavuloori/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com

---- Message sent via Zuvio Mail
Get your own FREE email account with SPAM and Antivirus protection!
Author: Govindan K