[EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] on Friday,
September 12, 2003 6:59 AM

> Hallo everyone,

> I have a unix question, hope you can help me. Maybe this is too simple but
would appreciate any help.

> I would like to rename the files
konkurrenter.txt.1,konkurrenter.txt.,,konkurrenter.txt.3 to be
> renamed to konkurrenter.txt at the same time.
> So the result would be 3 files, every one of them would be named
konkurrenter.txt

> cp konkurrenter.txt.* konkurrenter.txt

> Hope anyone could help me.

I'll take a stab at it.

If you want 3 files to be renamed 3 seperate files, with identical names,
you'll need to park them in seperate subdirectories.

cp file1 /dir1/filenew
cp file1 /dir2/filenew
cp file3 /dir3/filenew

Assuming that I have misunderstood your query, you can concatenate 3 files
into one

cat file1 file2 file3 > filenew

I must be missing something ...

Brian