From: Stephane Paquette [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 10:29 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: Copying statistics : used a lot ????

Well no, I have bought the Expert one on one book.
I check on his web site and I found one reference where he addresses the use
of changing the stats.

Usually you can find what is its opinion just by the tone, but this time I
was not able to see if he's against or not on this.

Can you share more of what's in the book ?

Stephane Paquette
Administrateur de bases de donnees
Database Administrator
Standard Life
www.standardlife.ca
Tel. (514) 499-7999 7470 and (514) 925-7187

Grabowy, Chris
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 5:44 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

By chance, do you have Tom Kyte's latest book?  Effective Oracle by Design??

He states his opinion on this approach on page 30, section entitled "Test
Against Representative Data".