Okay, core questions:

-as someone asked, what's the make/model of storage?
-has your raid array lost its config?  In other words, is the storage there,
just with an empty vtoc/volume table/partition table (insert your particular
OS nomenclature)
-Is the filesystem good, just empty?  When you say the file is gone, is the
/u1 directory empty, or is the filesystem structure there, just that file is
gone?

Okay, I just saw your message that shows its solaris 8 + veritas.  Here's
what probably happened.  The box was powered on without the RAID array
powered on and consequently veritas doesn't see the disk groups/volumes that
are on the RAID array.  Have you tried doing (as root):

vxconfigd -km enable

This will cause a rescan of the existing volume groups.  Afterwards, what
does a vxprint -hrt look like?

In general, power loss to a RAID array will not produce the results you
describe - I think its far more likely that a system->array interaction is
preventing proper access to your storage.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito