Thanks for the clarification. I will definitely place my order. I can
honestly say that the books I have purchased based on recommendations
from this list (Oracle8i DBA 101 and Perl for Oracle DBAs to name a couple) have been great additions to my growing library. I fully expect Optimizing Oracle Performance and Effective Oracle by Design to be equally valuable.

Dwayne

Cary Millsap wrote:
Correct. They're totally different, both excellent, and both are two of
the best books about Oracle on the market.

Cary Millsap Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd. http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events:
- Hotsos Clinic 101 in Sydney
- Hotsos Symposium 2004, March 7-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...

-----Original Message----- Melanie Caffrey Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 1:05 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

You know, Dwayne, there's no reason you shouldn't purchase all three. :-)

The two Kyte books are not the same.  You'll obtain excellent knowledge
from all of them.

Cheers,
Melanie