Vordos, Suzy
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 4:35 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I've RTFM'd looking for advantages/disadvantages of ref_cursors vs. out
parameters.  We have a developer who insists on using out parameters
instead
of ref_cursors.  He hasn't coded PL/SQL since Oracle7.  The application
program that calls the PL/SQL package is written in C#.

I'm at a loss for words.  I'm not a PL/SQL expert, but it seems that
ref_cursors have the advantage of not needing to define PL/SQL
variables,
and that it's easier to pass a result set back to the calling program.
also assume that ref_cursors have better performance.

Can someone clarify this?  Maybe I'm confused.

Thanks,
Suzy
Author: Vordos, Suzy

Author: Melanie Caffrey