-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 2:05 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I read some posts on here with shared storage such as SAN and Network
Appliances its no longer necessary to multiplex datafiles on different
disks, since the storage array handles that for you.

How do you ensure that control files and redo log files are kept safely
apart so that no one disk failure in the shared storage can take them all
out?

According to the OFA(well the abbreviated version I have in front of me) 4-5
disks is optimal for multiplexing. Does this no longer apply with shared
storage? How do you ensure database available with shared storage? if your
not multiplexing datafiles?

I may have read some peoples posts incorrectly. Im just digging into backup
and recovery.

Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F