Perhaps. However I notice that DBCA in Oracle 9.2 creates a tablespace called INDX.
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/html/A97297_01/appg_ofa.htm#sthref807
Oracle9i Administrator's Reference Release 2 (9.2.0.1.0) for UNIX Systems: AIX-Based
Systems, Compaq Tru64 UNIX, HP 9000 Series HP-UX, Linux Intel, and Sun Solaris
Part No. A97297-01

Appendix G Optimal Flexible Architecture

Separate Segments With Different Requirements
Separate groups of segments with different lifespans, I/O request demands, and backup
frequencies across different tablespaces.
Table G-5 describes the special tablespaces that the Database Configuration Assistant
creates for each Oracle database.
Table G-5 Special Tablespaces
INDX - Index associated with data in the USERS tablespace
USERS - Miscellaneous user segments

Author: Jacques Kilchoer