Title: RE: STAT from trace

I get STAT lines no matter how I enable the trace. Make sure you wither close the session or stop the trace so that all pending STAT lines will be written to the file.

Raj

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry Poras [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 9:34 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: STAT from trace

I was creating some trace files yesterday and came across one of these
problems that shows up occasionally (then I forget about it).

When I ran my query using ALTER SESSION SET sql_trace=true (sqlplus;
8.1.7.4), I got the STAT line in the trace and the associated 'row source'
information after running tkprof.

When I ran my query using ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS '10046 trace name context
forever, level 8' (or with dbms_system.set_ev), there were no STAT entries
for my query. There were some for some of the recursive queries.

Everything else was identical.

What's up?

Henry

message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may
contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are
not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000
and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank