"Great Britain and the United States are two nations separated by a common
language." - George Bernard Shaw

-----Original Message-----
Rachel Carmichael
Sent: 04 October 2003 01:19
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

sorry Jared, I have to tell this story on myself:

at UKOUG in '99, I did a presentation on 24x7 options. I was being very
professional so I was standing in front of the room wearing a skirt,
instead of pants.

I said to the room "being a paranoid DBA, I tend to want to wear a
belt, have elastic in my waistband and wear suspenders"

silence..........

and then I realized that what Americans call suspenders the British
call braces and what I had said translated into Americanese as "garter
belt"

I got a LOT of interested looks during the remainder of that
presentation.

http://shopping.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael

Author: David Kurtz