OK, I know I must be doing something wrong, would somebody please point
out what it is?  I would like to set up a job to sync an intermedia text
index.  Here is my job:

  SQL> select what from all_jobs where job = 2;
  WHAT
  ctx_ddl.sync_index ( 'ctx_xml_text' );

I can execute the procedute from the command line like so:

  SQL> execute ctx_ddl.sync_index ( 'ctx_xml_text' );

But the job itself fails:

  SQL> execute dbms_job.run ( 2 );
  BEGIN dbms_job.run ( 2 ); END;

  *
  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-12011: execution of 1 jobs failed
  ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_IJOB", line 405
  ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JOB", line 267
  ORA-06512: at line 1

in my init.ora I have:
  job_queue_processes = 4
  job_queue_interval = 60

I am in the ctxapp role, and ctxsys has granted me execute on ctx_ddl.
The only other job works just fine.

OS=Solaris, Version=8.1.7

What the heck is going on?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Bill Tantzen
University of Minnesota Libraries
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
612-626-9949 (office)  612-250-6125 (cell)
I guess the man's a genius, but what
a dirty mind he has, hasn't he? -- Nora Joyce

Author: Bill Tantzen