You're going to have to be more specific here. How are you intending to trap for the
error? In the alert.log? When it crashes the database? via a database trigger? a
PL/SQL program? via shell script?

Methods for triggering the error will depend on how you're going to test for it. If
you only want to detect it in the alert.log you can just write to the alert log using
either "cat 'xx' > alert.log" or Dbms_system.ksdwrt. If you REALLY need the database
to have a actual ORA-600 error, this requires a bit more thought. We've had a few of
them in the past but can't remember exactly how to reproduce them. One of the most
drastic measures would be to kill one of the background processes!! Of course this
will also kill your database.

-----------------------
Vergara, Michael (TEM) wrote:

>Ok...strange request time.  I want to test a script that I found
>on the DBA Village web site.  It's supposed to capture some
>information whenever there's a DB error.
>
>Does anybody know how to trigger a 'benign' ORA-600 so I can test
>this functionality?
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Leng Kaing