Dan:
Thanks for this -- I'll definitely tuck this away for
future reference.

Sadly, it's not going to help this time.  I don't have
a user generating redo, I have an application running
amuck.

The users (reporters) never log into the database.
Some service (Solaris high availability service, I
believe) logs a database user on 20 times, then
buffers requests from the HA service to the database.
 A minute or two later, it logs the 20 sessions out
and logs in 20 more.

Between around 5:30 am and 3:00 am the following day,
the database is rolling a new redo log about every 16
minutes.  Pretty much new log file every 16 minutes
like clockwork.   Between 3:00 and 5:30, the HA
service is disabled and some kind of maintenance is
running.  The entire database is about 4100 megs.
We're generating more than 3 gigs of redo per day.

I sure would like to know what's in those redo logs.

Thanks for the help!
Looks like another beautiful weekend to hang out on
top of a mountain.  Did you get to see the leaves
turning this year??

Barb

http://shopping.yahoo.com
Author: Barbara Baker