John
At my location I was not finding those tables without rows so simple truncate was not the easy option. However, from time to time I was truncating them by removing rows into temp type of tables and placing those rows back. However, index rebuilding was more practical under that situation.

Truncating gl_interface table was also reducing HWM for better performance.

Regards
Rafiq

Rafiq,

>John
>What about gl_interface table indexes? I think indexes on all
>*interface(
>tables must be rebuild on a  regular interval...I was building
>indexes on
>gl_interfaces and fnd_request* tables on monthly basis.

Indeed the interface tables suffer as well. I would suggest a TRUNCate of
these tables after processing monthend (or at an agreed time with the
users), so the index will be chopped as well....

John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Disappointment is inevitable, but Discouragement is optional!

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **
Author: John Kanagaraj

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

Author: M Rafiq