I know Oracle provides us dbms_lob package to manipulate LOB data. However, I can use standard DML to manipulate CLOB data as following. Is there advantage to use dbms_lob package?

SQL> CREATE TABLE t
 2  (
 3    ISCT_ID              NUMBER(10),
 4    CONTENT              CLOB
 5  );

Table created.

SQL> insert into t values(1, 'test');

1 row created.

SQL> insert into t values(2, NULL);

1 row created.

SQL> update t set content='test2' where isct_id=2;

1 row updated.

SQL> select * from t;

  ISCT_ID                             CONTENT
        1                               test

2 test2

SQL>

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access. Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service providers in your area). https://broadband.msn.com