log into target database.

SQL> set long 32000 (or whatever if you have long datatype involved)
SQL> set arraysize 100

SQL> set copycommit 1000 <-- LOOKY!!

SQL> COPY FROM ${REMOTE_LOGIN}/[EMAIL PROTECTED] INSERT
${LOCAL_SCHEMA}.${THE_TABLE} USING ${QUERY};

In this case QUERY will probably be "select * from
schema_owner.that_other_table".  This uses sqlnet, NOT a database link.  So
the tnsnames.ora that your TNS_ADMIN points to must have an entry for the
remote database.

Author: Stephen Lee