Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 10:30 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

List...

I finally found the answer about the infamous 'boolean
dates'! (this was the term that my boss used when he
told me about the dates... boolean dates).

After receiving a lot of mails talking about Julian
dates... I started to test in that way.

I could find the following which is the solution to my
problem.

sql> select bdate, to_date(bdate + 1721436, 'J') tdate
sql> from paam
sql> where rownum < 6;

BDATE   TDATE
------- --------