As long as you have the database in archivelog mode and have a level 0 backup as your starting point then you can recover.  Make sure that your level 0 includes the controlfiles.

HTH,
Ruth
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of AK
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 12:44 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: rman backup

We take daily rman backup each nite at 10pm . Which means in worst case we risk one day of work.  Now suppose something wrong goes before 10 pm . Then Can I recover my database till time using previous day rman backup and currently available archived logs.

Or in nutshell is it possible to run { restore databse; recover database } from rman and then apply remaing archived logs from a separated disk ( not a rman backup ).

Thanks,
-ak