Van: Goulet, Dick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: Thursday, October 23, 2003 19:04
Aan: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Onderwerp: RE: comparison HP-san vs netapp

Jeroen,

    NetApp depends on TCP/IP to use their products.  Now that's NOT a bad thing, but you need to isolate the file traffic from your general network.  With a SAN your using normal disk io channels into the switch, which effectively isolates file activity from the network.  It's your choice, but having to use NFS for everything can become one heck of a bottleneck.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA