Hi, Joshi,

The only hint that may affect the evaluation order in the WHERE clause is
ORDERED_PREDICATES. But I don't know who actually got it to work. The chapter
"Optimizer Hints" in Performance Tuning Guide talks about it. It also says if
you don't have this hint, there's a certain order in which Oracle evaluates
predicates in the WHERE clause. Not sure if that's true. You can try switching
the predicates around and look at the execution plan for each.

Documentation is wrong in saying that you should be put that hint in the WHERE
clause.

Yong Huang

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
Author: Yong Huang