-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, 7 November 2003 1:15 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Wednesday, November 5, 2003, 1:14:26 PM, Jamadagni, Rajendra ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
JR> hypothetically, When you have a requirement that no gaps allowed in a sequence no
matter what,
JR> would you still use sequences?

Ah! This is a good question. If no gaps are acceptable,
period, end of story, then what is a viable solution? I do
not think sequences are it.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are
http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one
article on Oracle technologies per month by
email. To join, visit http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article,
or send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.

Author: Jonathan Gennick

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)