-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 4 December 2003 01:25
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

As of 9iR2, partitioning is still licensed separately as a $10K (retail) extra charge
per processor.  So, the total retail comes to a painful $50K per processor for 9i +
Partitioning.  Also, remember that support costs X% of the licensing per year,
depending on your support level.  You'll have to confirm the exact numbers with your
sales rep.  You can estimate about 22%, as I recall.
We just increased our licensing a few months ago.  Get the fastest processors you can.
Anyone know how 10g will be licensed?

---

Yep, absolutely no change in licensing for 10g - this from the 10g roadshow that just
went through town.  So you'll be able to "visualise and provision" yourself all the
way to bankruptcy :-)

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)