    From:   Tracy Rahmlow [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Sent:   Wednesday, December 10, 2003 10:44 AM
    To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
    Subject:        24 x 7 x 365

    Hello,
    Our company would like to know whether or not Oracle supports true 24x7x365 availability for an oltp database.  We currently are using the 8.1.7 enterprise edition.  Does an architecture exist whereby we can upgrade the database and/or operating system and not cause an outage?  Will RAC solve this issue?  Are there any other areas of concerns that I should be thinking about?  For example, analyzing with the validate clause and its impacts on the transaction system.  Thanks