Hi!

Try if you find the alert.log of your database and see what are the last messages there. Maybe Oracle failed to mount or open the seed database, thus leaving instance in "initialization or shutdown" mode...

Tanel.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 4:54 PM
Subject: 11.5.8 installation Problem

Hi,
    I have readed on FORUM metalink that you have had the same problem that me.
My situation is:

I have Windows XP professional.
I'm trying to install PROD db 11.5.8 and on 5 CD, it stops at the sqlplus screen with usernmae.
The message on the SQLPLUS screen is:
ERROR:
ORA-1033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress.

Enter user-name:

If you  had some solution  to successfully install PRODdatabase, it's much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,
        Natalia L. Laracca

Upgrade Your Email - Click here!