My first thought is that JDBC has an array of connections indexed by
a byte-sized index. Let me paraphrase Marie Antoinette, lady famous
for her shrewd dietary advice.

Let them use DBI.

Marie Antoinette's dietary advice came back to haunt her and gave
her a huge albeit very short pain in the neck. Hopefully, I will be
better off.

On 12/16/2003 02:59:33 PM, "Bobak, Mark" wrote:
> Hmm...my first thought is that this could be an OS/network configuration limitation
> on the client side?  Though it does seem odd to raise an ORA-12154, after many
> successful connections....
>
> What OS is the client?

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA