It's Oracle8i Enterprise Edition.

-----Original Message-----
Jacques Kilchoer
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 4:44 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

This is one of the cases where a partitioned table can be of great use.
What version of Oracle? Standard or Enterprise Edition?
With a partitioned table you can say
alter table ... drop partition ... ;
to easily get rid of a large chunk of data and release the space.

See
Oracle9i Database Concepts Release 2 (9.2)
Part Number A96524-01
Chapter 11
Partitioned Tables and Indexes
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/c12p