Venu,

Trying to solve the performance issue with a *single* job with Statspack is
like searching for a needle in a haystack, especially in an Oracle Apps
environment. You will need to trace the program *as it runs*, and if you
cannot do that right now, see if you can clone the database to a test system
and rerun it again. Btw, was this concurrent job an Oracle standard job or
was it a custom program? Any recent changes or patches to the environment?
Note that you *can* set trace (albeit just the plain vanilla level 1) on a
Concurrent job in 11i... As for the DB Link, can you determine if this
indeed does use a Dblink or it is from somewhere else... [See the problem
with Statspack?!]

John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Grace - Getting something we do NOT deserve
Mercy - NOT getting something we DO deserve
Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely
available!

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **

Author: John Kanagaraj