Dear All,

I am faced with the following situation.

Oracle 8.1.7.4. 64 bit , Solaris 8

There is a loader java process that when is executed against a test database(dwdsa)the response time is as expected to be. However when it is executed against the production instance (dwods) it is 2,5 to 3 times slower.

I have traced the session on both occasions and reading the book of Carry Milsap I have spotted that the WAIT for SQL*Net message from client is very high for the PARSE call of an INSERT statement, whereas for the test instance there is no delay.

I cannot however explain what might be the cause of this. Can somebody sched some light into this problem.

Attached please find the SQL 10046 trace with level 8

a)       Production trace (parser_dwods.zip)

b)       Test trace parser_dwdsa.zip

Kind Regards,

Hatzistavrou Yannis

The previous attachment was filtered out by the ListGuru mailing
software at fatcity.com because binary attachments are not appropriate
for mailing lists.  If you want a copy of the attachment which was
removed, contact the sender directly and ask for it to be sent to
you by private E-mail.

This warning is inserted into all messages containing binary
attachments which have been removed by ListGuru.  If you have questions
about this message, contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for clarification.