-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 5:29 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Should we stop analyzing?

If just 2, then from a users perspective, it would seem most appropriate
to have statistics collected during the day, when people are banging
away  on the OLTP stuff.

But then, might that play havoc with the batch jobs?
[Shrek]
no might about it boss man, trust me.  been there done that, got the T-shirt, the sweat shirt AND the leather jacket.;-)  we eventually went to two sets of init files after i had a long fight with damagement.;-)

How about 2 sets of statistics.  Import the OLTP stats in the morning for
the users, and the BATCH stats at night for the batch jobs.
[Shrek]
NOW he tells me.;-)  could i have done that in 7.3 and 8i?;-)

--
Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
"I'm going to work my ticket if I can..." -- Gilwell song