Henry,

I use the attached shell script to gather and store VMSTAT information in a
custom table within the PERFSTAT schema (i.e. schema belonging to
STATSPACK).  Allows for some nice reporting over time, rather than
"anecdotal" here-and-there observations.  Should work OK on Solaris, HP, and
Linux.

Be aware:  the script expects to use the standard "oraenv" and "dbhome"
scripts to set up the Oracle environment variables, and expects a "hidden"
file in the $HOME directory of the owner's UNIX account for storing Oracle
passwords, and also has optional functionality to email/page in the event of
trouble.

Hope this helps...

-Tim