Thanks, Raj, but I don't think so. The whole reason
behind enabling a db-wide trace was to capture
everything sql trace is instrumented to capture. As
you know sql_trace is a static parameter, so I got
everything "from the begining", including:

PARSING IN CURSOR #1
ALTER DATABASE   MOUNT
..
PARSING IN CURSOR #1
ALTER DATABASE OPEN

PARSING IN CURSOR #2
create table bootstrap$ ( line#

PARSING IN CURSOR #2
CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT SYSTEM

.. but not the cursor #0

(Interestingly "alter database mount" went to one
trace file, while "alter database open" and the rest
to another - so to mount a DB Oracle spawns a
different process on your behalf and than passes
control back to your foreground to open it?)

 --- "Jamadagni, Rajendra"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > you may not be
seeing parse etc entries for cursor

Author: Boris Dali