It depends a lot on the workload - for DSS-esque systems with lots of
sequential reads/writes, etc., the performance of the individual ATA
spindles will probably be more than adequate.  As another side note, at that
price point, maybe you could afford to buy double the number of spindles you
need and double your spindle density, reducing the impact of the 7200 RPM
drives?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito
GridApp Systems

http://www.apple.com/xserve/raid

TIA,
Rich

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA
Author: Jesse, Rich

command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Matthew Zito