> I'm having an ora-1555 under Oracle9 database and not
> sure what I can do to get rid of it. I had some
> recollecions from Oracle8 days , but the things like
> adding a new rollback segment or shrinking the
> segments I don't think are applicable under the auto
> undo management. Besides separating the long queries
> from batch programs, is ther anything that I can do
> here?

Hi Gene,

Increase UNDO_RETENTION (which determines how long Oracle will
attempt to keep your undo before being overwritten) and/or increase the
size of your undo tablespace (to ensure Oracle will succeed in meeting your
undo_retention target).

Check out V%UNDOSTAT to see how it's going.

Cheers

Richard

Author: Richard Foote