----- Original Message -----
> Jonathan, I've been around for a long time. I've seen things like
> DataLens for Lotus123, SQL*Calc, Easy*SQL, then there was an Oracle

Beat ya:  Oracle Add-In for Lotus 123.
Using Ora*Net (Async), V4.1.4.!!!!
1987.   And demoed to the press that same year.
<g,d&r>

(which BTW was classified by a local "expert" journo - a la Celko - as a
"ho-hum" technology.  Then a few years later M$ delivered ODBC and this
same journo called it the "way of the future"!  One wonders....)

> version of then popular DB2 tool, which looked like an IBM 3874 terminal on top
> of VT320, SQL*Graph does deserve a honorable mention, then there was PRO*Pascal,

SQL*QMS. Very good, but never really pushed by Oracle.
And I STILL pronounce Pro*Pascal as Pro*Rascal, after all the probs
it gave me on demos...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
Author: Nuno Souto