I have a 10000-rows table with 2 columns, Emp_ID and Req_ID.

There are about 150 different emp_ids in these 10000+ records.

What I want to do is the following:

For every different Emp_id, I need the Rec_ids that corresponds to it
to be updated/renumbered starting from 1 and keep going up by 1.

So I want it to look something like this:

Emp_ID Req_ID

10001       001
10001       002
10001       003
10001       004
10001       005
10001       006
10001       007
10001       008

10002 001 10002 002 10002 003 10002 004 10002 005

10003 001

10004       001
10004       002
10004       003