That’s what XML is for :P

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of A Joshi
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 10:19 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: ** field names of a ref cursor

Hi,

  I am calling a Oracle stored procedure which has a ref cursor as a out param. I get the values. Is there a way for me to know the field names and type of the fields being passed in the ref cursor. Basically when the procedure sends back the ref cursor what information do I get apart from the data. Do I get any metadata (field names types etc). This is basically to write a calling program which I do not have to change when the ref curor /record changes in the stored procedure.

Thanks in advance.