Wed, April 15, 2009 15:38, Javier Montani wrote:
> This info may help:
> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/appdev.101/b10796/adlob_la.htm#1010510
>

> 2009/4/15 ddf <orat...@msn.com>
>

>> On Apr 15, 9:42 am, Daiesh <mcavenkad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > How do read MsExcel sheet data from oracle PL/SQL?
>> >
>> > Advance wishes
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Daiesh.
>>
>> I'm curious why you 'need' this.
>>

>> David Fitzjarrell

not to rain on anyone's parade but all that would do is to stick the
entire contents of the excel file into one BLOB/CLOB field.

Somehow i don't get the feeling that is what is being looked for here.

It is certainly possible to write a bit of VBA to insert into a specific
oracle table (although I do not especially suggest it because it is icky
and slow).

I would instead suggest writing the excel worksheet(s) out to a CSV file
and use SQL*Loader (or your other favorite toy) to load them or just
define them as an external table(s).

These both assume that you want to do it in a somewhat automated fashion.
If that isn't an issue I know for sure that PL/SQL Developer (from
AllRound Automations -- no i don't work for them) will allow you to inport
from any ODBC source (of which Excel is one). Not especially speedy but it
does work.  I am sure that Toad and half a dozen other tools have similar
Abilities.

As to why someone would want to do something so horrible...  I have
several small (10K lines or less) tables that are sporadically updated by
business users and it is frankly not worth my time to automate the process
and it isnt worth the fight to try to get them to put it into a format
that is easier for me to deal with.

Rob