Some times the issue is the way the indexes are managed. Try something like:
 SELECT /*+ INDEX(l item_order_ix) */ l.line_item_id, order_id, l.unit_price
* l.quantity FROM order_items l WHERE l.order_id = :b1;
or
SELECT /*+NO_EXPAND */ p.header_id, l.line_id, l.revenue_amount FROM
so_lines_all p, so_lines_all l WHERE p.header_id = :b1
AND (l.parent_line_id = p.line_id OR l.service_parent_line_id = p.line_id);

No_expand game me very good performance improvement.