Iyad,

That would work except for the fact that the requirement was to append
to a TSV file. I am guessing that the source table gets periodically
emptied and refilled, hence the reason to append to the file rather than
just create a new one. He also mentioned that he was on a unix box (or i
wouldnt think he would be mentioning perl and unix scripting) and to the
best of my knowledge excel isn't really much of an option on a unix box
(let's not digress into OpenOffice) unless you are running it in an
emulator and that sounds like WAY more work than it is worth for this
small problem.

Also note the fact that the OP specifically said that it was a TSV which
is not actually a real excel file. You cannot have queries embedded in
TSV files, you would have to recreate it each time which would be a pain
in the butt. You might as well just use your favorite query tool and
dump it each time.

I agree that if you need to do a full refresh in a legitimate excel file
you have a nice solution because I use it practically every day but it
seems to me that it doesn't suit the OP's problem as stated..

It would be nice if the OP would come back and offer a little more info
since he seemed to be in such a rush yesterday to get an answer.

Rob