On Apr 30, 7:17 pm, Shane <gshanemil...@verizon.net> wrote:
> this command connects to oracle:
>
> $ sqlplus smiller/mil...@oradev
>
> A OTL based program which uses smiller/mil...@oradev as a connection
> string connects to Oracle.
> A working OCI program here which was gutted to use user=smiller,
> password=mill99, db=oradev connects to Oracle.
>
> But an OCCI program with this code:
>
>      52   Environment* const env = Environment::createEnvironment(
>      53     Environment::DEFAULT);
>      54
>      55   // Open a connection to the database, then close it.
>      56   //
>      58   try
>      59   {
>      60     Connection* const con = env->createConnection(user, pass,
> osid);
>
> throws on line 60 giving:
>
> Can't connect: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
>
> What in the heck is the deal with OCCI? My OTL code worked the first
> time, no problem. I guess OTL is based on OCI, which works How is
> connecting to the db with OCCI so different from OCI, OTL, sqlplus?
> How can I fix this error?
>
> tnsping oradev gives:
>
>  $ tnsping oradev
>
> TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on 30-
> APR-2009 19:11:28
>
> Copyright (c) 1997, 2006, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
>
> Used parameter files:
>
> Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
> Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS =
> (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = sundev16)(PORT = 28538))) (CONNECT_DATA =
> (SERVICE_NAME = oradev.bloomberg.com)))
> OK (10 msec)

This is to save you some possible frustration ... while it is possible
that someone in this group knows the answer to this question (you know
who you are), it is probably not the best group to ask it in.  I would
humbly suggest that you would have more luck in one of the
comp.databases.oracle.* groups.

Rob