*Greetings from Robert,*

*Job Description **
*This position is in the Cisco IronPort group, STBU, very dynamic group that
blends the best of large company resources and small company innovation.

Software QA Engineer will be primary contributor to the test effort for MARS
Appliances. The Engineer will work with Engineering and Product Management
to review product requirements, engineering specifications, write and
execute test plans and test cases based on these documents. Collaborate with
senior technical staff to build state of art testing strategy and
methodology, utilize resources, and drive automation initiatives.

*Responsibilities:**
*Institute, maintain and proactively help to improve quality processes
Develop Functional testing scenarios and define Performance, Scalability and
Sizing metrics
Facilitate technical discussions, spec and test plan reviews
Develop test plans
Execute test cases
Provide input in the Engineering schedule (QA)
Help management team to keep optimal resource utilization
Track test cases and results in TIMS
Host Bug triages
Collaborate with other groups in the BU
Raise, prioritize, and verify defects and fixes
Support Automation efforts by developing strategy, writing automated tests,
and working on cross-team level to achieve maximum coverage.

*REQUIRED Experience and Skills:**
* MUST HAVE LINUX or UNIX BASED QA EXPERIENCE
* 7-8 years in Engineering, minimum 6 years in QA
* Experience testing complex web-based products
* Knowledge of Networking is must have
* Proficient in test definition, capable of developing test plans and test
cases from engineering specifications and product marketing documents
* Experience working with remote teams, across multiple time zones
* Direct experience in test planning for medium to large scale engineering
projects*

*REQUIRED Technical Expertise:**
* Strong command of some UNIX or LINUX variant
* Demonstrable scripting skills
* UNIX scripting skills is a must
* Strong analytical skills
* Knowledge of SNMP, Syslog, LDAP, Routing, DNS, SSH, Telnet, FTP, SMTP,
HTTP, HTTPS
* SQL
* Experience testing RDBMS-based applications*

*ADVANTAGEOUS Experience and Skills:**
** Prior experience working or testing Cisco products (ASA, IPS, MARS)
* Strong analytical skills
* Java, Perl, Python
* Experience in developing automated tests using RFT
* *CCIE networking**
*
*Personal Skills**
** Impeccable work ethic
* Independent, assertive, and capable to grasp high level product
requirements and translate these to test strategy, develop plans and test
tools effectively
* Team-oriented, strong leadership capabilities
* Self-motivated and open to feedback, encourages constructive criticism on
his or her work.
* Strong sense of accountability
* Proactive in problem solving
* Able to switch gears in various high-stress situations
* Eager to learn, adopt and apply rapidly changing new technologies and
methodologies
* Efficient and effective at approaching and escalating quality issues when
appropriate

Education:
Bachelor Degree or higher

*With Regards,*

* *

*Robert **|**Technical Recruiter **|**Platinum Infosys Inc*

*Email: rob...@platinuminfosys.com **| **Phone: *214-550-0248* **|** Fax: *
214–260–1160* *

*Visit us @ www.platinuminfosys.com*
*” and include your “original e-mail address/addresses” in the subject
inconvenience if any caused. Thank You.
*
*

*Think Green:* *Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
*

* *