Estou enviando um FAQ sobre Flexfields, que podem ajudar em alguma coisa. Em
todo caso recomendo ler o manual do APPS AOL(ORACLE Application Object
Library), para que consiga tirar melhor proveito deste componente.
A grosso modo flexfield são campos que você pode utilizar de acordo com a
necessidade de customização de sua organização, por exemplo: No cadastro de
fornecedores você pode necessitar de informações sobre seus fornecedores que
não estejam contidas no APPS, daí você cria um flexfield, que é uma mascara
para um campo ATTRIBUTE ou SEGMENT de determinada tabela do APPS. É bastante
interessante e rico de recursos, mas recomendo ler o manual para tirar melhor
proveito.

Abraços,

Renato J. L. Soti
Consultor Oracle
Domínio Tecnologia da Informação
Companhia Energética de Brasília
--
ORACLE Application Object Library
---------------------------------

CONTENTS
--------
1. Is it possible to make a descriptive flexfield non-updateable?
2. Can I have multiple descriptive flexfields on one table?
3. When do I use table-validated value sets instead of independent value sets?
4. How do I find out which tables and forms use descriptive flexfields?
5. Can I delete a descriptive flexfield?
6. Can I use $FLEX$ within key flexfields in relation to validation tables?
7. Is there a way to compile flexfields and generate flexfield views from the
   command prompt (command line)?
8. Can I change a dependent segment in an accounting flexfield to independent?
9. Is it possible to customize the flexfield appearance?
10. What typical information is collected by descriptive flexfields?
11. What are intelligent keys and what are some examples of intelligent keys?
12. What key flexfields are used by Oracle Applications?
13. What are the new flexfield features in Release 11.0?
14. Are their any known issues with flexfields and Oracle
    Applications Release 11.0?

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
-------------------

1. Is it possible to make a descriptive flexfield non-updateable?

Answer
------
No, when the descriptive flexfield is enabled and users can view the fields,
then users can update the fields.  An exception would be if Oracle Applications
seeded descriptive flexfield has been marked as read-only.

2. Can I have multiple descriptive flexfields on one table?

Answer
------
Yes, as long as the descriptive flexfield use separate columns.

3. When do I use table-validated value sets instead of independent
    value sets?

Answer
------
A table-validated value set allows you to modify the WHERE clause of the table
validation to fit specific needs.  Independent value sets check a value entered

against the list of approved values you define.

4. How do I find out which tables and forms use descriptive flexfields?

Answer
------
Two tables contain this data in Release 11.0 and 11i:

(1) FND_DESCRIPTIVE_FLEXS
(2) FORM_NAME

Example:

Log into a Release 11.0.3 instance of the Oracle Applications:

    $ cd $FND_TOP

    Using SQL*Plus login in as apps/apps

    Example 1:

    Which FND tables use descriptive flexfields?

    SQL> SELECT DISTINCT APPLICATION_TABLE_NAME
      2  FROM FND_DESCRIPTIVE_FLEXS
      3  WHERE APPLICATION_TABLE_NAME LIKE 'FND%'
      4  /

    APPLICATION_TABLE_NAME
    ------------------------------
    FND_ATTACHED_DOCUMENTS
    FND_COMMON_LOOKUPS
    FND_CONCURRENT_PROGRAMS
    FND_CONCURRENT_QUEUES
    FND_CURRENCIES
    FND_DOCUMENTS_TL
    FND_DOCUMENT_SEQUENCES
    FND_DOC_SEQUENCE_ASSIGNMENTS
    FND_ENABLED_ACTIVATION
    FND_FLEX_VALUES
    FND_PRINTER_DRIVERS

    APPLICATION_TABLE_NAME
    ------------------------------
    FND_REQUEST_SETS
    FND_SHORTHAND_FLEX_ALIASES
    FND_SRS_MASTER

    14 rows selected.

    Example 2:

    Given a table name what is the name of the descriptive flexfield?

    SQL> SELECT APPLICATION_TABLE_NAME,
      2  DESCRIPTIVE_FLEXFIELD_NAME
      3  FROM FND_DESCRIPTIVE_FLEXS
      4  WHERE APPLICATION_TABLE_NAME = 'FND_FLEX_VALUES'
      5  ORDER BY 2
      6  /

    APPLICATION_TABLE_NAME        DESCRIPTIVE_FLEXFIELD_NAME
    ------------------------------ ----------------------------------
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES

    Example 3:

    What form and table are contain a specific descriptive flexfield?

    SQL> SELECT D.APPLICATION_TABLE_NAME,
      2  D.DESCRIPTIVE_FLEXFIELD_NAME,
      3  F.FORM_NAME
      4  FROM FND_DESCRIPTIVE_FLEXS D,
      5  FND_FORM F
      6  WHERE D.APPLICATION_ID = F.APPLICATION_ID
      7  AND D.DESCRIPTIVE_FLEXFIELD_NAME = 'FND_FLEX_VALUES'
      8  ORDER BY 3
      9  /

    APPLICATION_TABLE_NAME  DESCRIPTIVE_FLEXFIELD_NAME  FORM_NAME
    ----------------------  --------------------------  ---------
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      DEMO
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDADDSQ
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDADDTC
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDADDVW
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDATCAT
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDATDAG
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDATDAI
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDATDAT
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDATDOC
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDATENT
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPDCL
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPDCQ
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPDCS
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPDIA
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPDPD
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPDSR
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPMCP
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPMMD
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPMPE
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPQCR
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPQRP
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPRNO
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPVCM
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDCPVWR
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFBMAS
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFBMPA
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFBRFP
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFBTST
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFIDF
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFIIF
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFMCV
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFMDC
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFMHL
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFMIS
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFMSA
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFMSV
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFMVS
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFMWP
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFSRA
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFFSRN
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFLADM
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFMFBF
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDFMFUN
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDLVMCL
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDLVMLU
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDMDMSG
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDMNMNU
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDNLDCX
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDNLDLG
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDNLDTI
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDPMNET
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDPOMPO
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDPOMPV
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDPOMSV
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDPRMPD
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDPRMPR
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDPRRPS
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDPRTYP
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDRSGRP
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDRSRUN
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDRSSET
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDSCAPP
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDSCAUS
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDSCDDG
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDSCMON
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDSCMOU
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDSCRSP
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDSNASQ
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDSNDCT
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDSNDSQ
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDUXTST
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDWFIAS
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FNDWFNOT
    FND_FLEX_VALUES                FND_FLEX_VALUES      FORM_DEMO

    74 rows selected.

5.  Can I delete a descriptive flexfield?

Answer
------
No, you cannot delete the Descriptive Flexfield but you can disable it.

6.  Can I use $FLEX$ within key flexfields in relation to validation tables?

Answer
------
Yes, you can use $FLEX$ within key flexfields EXCEPT for accounting key
flexfields.

7.  Is there a way to compile flexfields and generate flexfield views from the
    command prompt (command line)?

Answer
------
Yes, Oracle Applications uses two utilities: fdfcmp and FNDFFVGN.

    Note: normally you compile the flexfields using the
    flexfield Maintenance form within Oracle Applications.
    This is the safest way to ensure the flexfields are
    compiled and the flexfields views are created.

    Utility: fdfcmp (to compile flexfields)
    ---------------------------------------
    Template: Compile all flexfields (A = A mode (all))

    fdfcmp <oracleid>/<password> 0 Y A
    note: 0 is the number zero and NOT letter 'O'

    Example:
    fdfcmp apps/apps 0 Y A

    Template: compile a key flexfield structure

    fdfcmp <oracleid>/<password> 0 Y K<ApplShortName>
            <IdFlexCode><IdFlexNum>

    Example: compile 101 structure of 'Accounting flexfield'
              (Note: short name for General Ledger is SQLGL)

    fdfcmp apps/apps 0 Y K 'SQLGL''GL#' 101

    Template: Compile a descriptive flexfield
    fdfcmp <oracleid>/<password> 0 Y D <ApplShortName>
            <DescFlexName>

    Example: Compile 'Attachment context' descriptive
              flexfield. (Note: Application Object Library
              is the owner application short name = FND)

    fdfcmp apps/apps 0 Y D 'FND''ATCHMT_CONTEXT_FLEX'

    Template: Compile an SRS report descriptive flexfield
     fdfcmp <oracleid>/<password> 0 Y R <ApplShortName>
    <ReportName>

    Example:
    fdfcmp apps/apps 0 Y D 'FND''$SRS$.FNDXYZ'
    fdfcmp apps/apps 0 Y R 'FND''FNDXYZ'

    Utility: FNDFFVGN (generate flexfield views)
    Template: Generate key flexfield structure view

           FNDFFVGN username/password 0 Y 1 <APPL ID>
          <KEY FLEX CODE> <STRUCTURE NUMBER>
          <STRUCTURE VIEW NAME>

      Example: Generate structure view for accounting flexfield,
              structure 101

          FNDFFVGN apps/apps 0 Y 1 101 'GL#' 101
          'ACCOUNTING_FLEXFIELD_VIEW'

    Template: Generate key flexfield concatenated view

          FNDFFVGN username/password 0 Y 2 <APPL ID>
          <KEY FLEX CODE> [<CONCAT VIEW NAME]>
          (Note: If concatenated view name is not given
          flexfield View Generator will use "_KFV"
          appended to the code combination table
          name)

      Example: Generate concatenated view for accounting flexfield,

          FNDFFVGN apps/apps 0 Y 2 101 'GL#' 101
          'GL_CONCATENATED_VIEW'

    Template: Generate descriptive flexfield view

          FNDFFVGN username/password 0 Y 3 <APPL ID>
          <DESC FLEX NAME> [<DESC VIEW NAME>]

      Example:  Generate descriptive flexfield view for
          'Attachment context' descriptive flexfield

          FNDFFVGN apps/apps 0 Y 3 0 101
          'ATCHMT_CONTEXT_FLEX' 'ATTACHMENT_VIEW'

8. Can I change a dependent segment in an accounting flexfield to
    independent?

Answer
------
Yes, you can change DEPENDENT -> INDEPENDENT but you cannot change INDEPENDENT
->
DEPENDENT.

9. Is it possible to customize the flexfield appearance?

Answer
------
Yes, in addition to defining the segments and structures that make up the
flexfield, you can define the appearance of the flexfield.  You can specify
name
and descriptions for the segments appearing on the window.  Additionally, you
can
specify the display size for the fields.

10. What typical information is collected by descriptive flexfields?

Answer
------
The following represents the typical business areas in which you may  need to
track additional or specialized information:
    Benefits Information
    Budget Information
    Calendar Information
    Credit Information
    Currency Exchange Information
    Distribution System Information
    Labor Cost Information
    Lease Information
    Payment Information

11. What are intelligent keys and what are examples of intelligent keys?

Answer
------
Intelligent keys are associated with key flexfields.  Intelligent keys are
multi-part key values in which each part of the key contains meaningful
information.  You use key flexfields to build the intelligent key required by
Oracle Applications.  Examples of intelligent keys include the following:
    Account Number
    Asset Number
    Job Code
    Serial Number

12. What key flexfields are used by Oracle Applications?

Answer
------
The number of key flexfields in Oracle Applications is significantly smaller
than
the number of descriptive flexfields.
    Key flexfields include:

    Oracle Assets:      Asset
                        Category
                        Location

    Oracle Payroll:    Bank Details
                        Cost Allocation
                        People Group

    Oracle General:    Accounting
            Ledger

    Oracle Receivables: Sales Tax Location
                        Territory

    Oracle Inventory:  Account Aliases
                        Item Catalogs
                        Item Categories
                        Sales Orders
                        Stock Locators
                        System Items

    Oracle Human:      Grade
        Resource        Job
                        Personal Analysis
                        Position Soft Coded

13.  What are the new flexfield features in Release 11.0?

Answer
------

    * Use Workflow for building key flexfield code combination
      (replacing Flexbuilder)

    * Translatable context value for descriptive flexfields:
      In release 10, the context value for a
      descriptive flexfield consisted of context
      code and a description.  Of these only
      the description was translatable.  In release
      11, the context value consists of the context
      code, context name and a description. Both
      context name and description are translatable.

    * Using message name for additional column aliases

      When defining table validation value sets, in
      addition to the VALUE, MEANING and ID columns,
      other columns from the table can be displayed
      in the list of values (LOV) by specifying the
      columns and their alias in the "Additional Columns"
      field of the "Value Set" form.

    * Displaying product specific help from flexfields windows

      In release 10, users invoked HELP from any
      flexfield window (key, descriptive, range) and
      the system displayed a generic flexfield help
      document.  In release 11.0, product teams can
      specify the help text to be displayed from a
      flexfield window

    * Key flexfield API

14. Are their any known issues with flexfields and Oracle Applications Release
11?

Answer
------
Yes.
Issue 1:

Problem with FDFCMP where it was not freeing up the memory used by cursors.
This
caused errors during a fdfcmp for all flexfields.
Solution: Apply patch 749136.

Issue 2:

TAB KEY DOESN'T WORK IN ACCOUNTING FLEX FORM, when upgrading to Release 11.0.3.

Solution: Apply patch 857097.

Issue 3:

Problem: You are running AutoInstall to install Release 11.  The installation
fails, however, with the following error in the log file when recompiling
flexfields:

APP-0738 error detected when attempting to load value sets in
routine SETUP_DESCR_VSET
APP-1564 oracle error 1008 fdfavs

Cause:  FDFAVS failed due to ORA-1008: not all variables bound

When the flexfields are compiled in groups, system resources are being
exceeded,
even though they seem plentiful.

Solution:  Continue with the installation, as if AutoInstall was successful.
When it completes, run fdfcmp to manually recompile flexfields one at a time
(individually), rather than in large groups.

--

Renato Soti

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!

[As partes desta mensagem que não continham texto foram removidas]