Colega, sim, o que a gente precisava era saber o que vc estava usando
para conectar, e de que maneira e em que versão, bem como uma amostra
do seu código : no caso específico, eu não programo em Delphi, então
vamos aguardar os experts em delphi, mas iirc esse componente não
exige nenhuma programação e se comunica diretamente com as APIs do
client, então ** acho ** que o seu problema é MESMO indicar qual
client em qual home vc quer usar - pensando nisso, fui no ** SITE DO
FABRICANTE ** (http://www.allroundautomations.nl/doa.html , já que a
questão NÂO TEM A VER com Oracle, especificamente), e logo na cara,
primeiras entradas do Fórum, já achei a thread abaixo, que basicamente
diz o mesmo que eu, é setar PATH e variáveis ORACLE_HOME : lá fala
também de "linha de comando", aí não sei como seria isso, mas veja lá,
é um começo...

[]s

 Chiappa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
Author  Topic: Multiple Oracle Homes
bmayfield
Member
Member # 5057

        Icon 1 posted 26 September, 2007 21:44      Profile for bmayfield
Email bmayfield         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  We have
need to run Oracle Forms 6i against an Oracle 8 client (has to use the
version 8 OCI.DLLs) and we would like to run Delphi 2006 using your
data connectors using the Oracle 10g client. Is there a way to tell
Delphi to use a specific Oracle home so your data connectors use the
10g OCI.DLLs and not default to the Oracle 8 client that is specified
by Oracle Home in the registry? The system path statement does not
override the registry does it?

C:\>path
PATH=C:\Oracle10gClient\bin;C:\orant\bin;C:\Oracle9i\bin;C:\Program
Files\Oracle
\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\Program
Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WIND
OWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\orant\jdk\bin;C:\Oracle9i\jdk\bin

Regard,
Bruce Posts: 14 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Oct 2006  | Report this
post to a Moderator
Marco Kalter
Avatar Image
Administrator
Member # 2

        Icon 1 posted 27 September, 2007 13:31      Profile for Marco Kalter
  Email Marco Kalter         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Direct Oracle Access uses the Primary Oracle Home by default. This is
the home that is listed first in the PATH.

--------------------
Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
lecare039
Member
Member # 5124

        Icon 1 posted 22 November, 2007 14:27      Profile for lecare039
      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Take a look on the helpfile:

1. If already initialized then exit
2. Check if a OCIDLL= parameter is entered on the command line, skip
to point 9
3. If the OCIDLL string has a value, skip to point 9
4. Check if a ORACLEHOME= parameter is entered on the command line,
skip to point 7
5. If the OracleHomeName string has a value, skip to point 7
6. Determine the Primary Oracle Home
7. Check the registry to determine the ORACLE_HOME directory
8. Add `\bin\' and search for ora*.dll or oci.dll

9. Set the OCIDLL string to the file with the highest number
10. Call LoadLibrary(OCIDLL)
11. If not successful then set the current path to Oracle's bin
directory and try again.

12. Determine all functions by name

So the enviroment-var PATH does nothing vor DOA! Posts: 6 |
Registered: Nov 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
Marco Kalter
Avatar Image
Administrator
Member # 2

        Icon 1 posted 23 November, 2007 13:22      Profile for Marco Kalter
 Email Marco Kalter         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  It's
step 6:

6. Determine the Primary Oracle Home

This is the home that is listed first in the PATH.

--------------------
Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
lecare039
Member
Member # 5124

        Icon 1 posted 23 November, 2007 15:07      Profile for lecare039
      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Ok, well and what if the
path you got with step 7:

7. Check the registry to determine the ORACLE_HOME directory

is an other on? I've tested it now, and it seems that the one from 6
will be used, if one of the paths there direct to a oci.dll? After
processing all paths in PATH and no dll was found , it seems step 7
will be done?
Maybe the doc has to be bit more specific. Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov
Marco Kalter
Avatar Image
Administrator
Member # 2

        Icon 1 posted 26 November, 2007 16:15      Profile for Marco Kalter
 Email Marco Kalter         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  6/7/8
are the same directory. If 6 fails, 7/8 fail as well.

--------------------
Marco Kalter
Allround Automations

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply  Close Topic   Feature Topic
Move Topic   Delete Topic       next oldest topic   next newest topic
- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: