As long as the topic of Physan is being discussed.........
Now that my paphs are outdoors for the summer, I'm adding 1/4 tsp per gallon
of RD20 (ammonium chloride, like Physan) to my usual fertilizer Dynagro
10-5-5, to prevent the root rot that sometimes accompanies the heat,
humidity, and occasionally irregular watering that occurs in the summer.
Normally, I add ProTekt as a pH adjuster, but I leave that out because I
find that  RD20  already raises the pH somewhat. At any rate, I am wondering
if RD20 can also act as a slug repellant....whenever I dump the RD 20
solution I use to soak seedlings in while repotting, I find that the
earthworms literally fly out of the soil......slowly followed by the slugs.
My guess is that adding RD20 to the fertilizeer will ...hopefully..drive
slugs and snails out of the mix. Has anyone had experience with this aspect
of quat use? Take care, Eric Muehlbauer in Queens NY....paphs concolor and
Goldollar in spike, lots of phrags too....