Thanks to all who responded to my question relating to orchids germinated in a
flask with their fungi and then being eaten by the fungi.
It seems that this can be  a problem across the world.
While a solution may not be known, some possibilities include: reducing the
nutrition level of the media being used; altering the pH of the media to
potentially reduce the activity of the fungi; deflasking when the seedlings
are small and hence probably a greater loss of seedlings; germination and
growth without the fungi and inoculation of the deflasking media; germination
out of flask, in pasturized media, that has been inoculated with the fungi.

Some further thought will now be applied before attempting possible
solutions.
Some thoughts to be considered include the effects of the combination of fungi
found in the orchid.  Do they balance each other and better manage the outcome
for the orchid.  Do the bacteria which we have eliminated also play a part in
control and balance?  The seed for germination - the lot for growth?
A special thankyou for the clarification of the meaning and use of the word
mycorhiza.

Once again thankyou for your suggestions and support.

Dick Thomson
Melbourne, Australia