According to my friends at CalTech, in California the propensity to consume water is
increasing at such a rate that they will exhaust their own and all surrounding
resources for 1000 miles in about 11 years.

On a further note, the man who can cheaply turn sea water into fresh water will rule
the world. I believe if we allow biotech to develop, we will have a chance to avoid
this problem. For example, I have heard that jellyfish tissues could be used as a
highly efficient biological filter for desalinization.

ST