Antibiotics are to my knowledge extremely phytotoxic, more toxic to the plant than to the organism. Feel free to speak with some of the techs at Phytotech Labs, as one of them did a study on this subject.

Steve Topletz

Plus, I'm not sure in these days of decreasing effectiveness of antibiotics we should be willy-nilly using them on plants. MDs need to justify their use on patients and here a bunch of hobbyists are spreading them on their plants. GRANTED the antibiotics in question are of limited use (I've usually heard people recommend use of polymyxin B, neomycin and bacitracin), but sheesh... think about it before you act. Why use them if there is an acceptable alternative?

I don't want to start a war here , but really, reserve medications for use on people.

K Barrett
N Calif, USA