I have used antibiotics labeled for agricultural crops successfully on
Phalaenopis for bacterial leaf spot. They should only be used as a last
resort. Using antibiotics labeled for fish would be a formula for disaster.

Crown rot is normally caused by fungi, against which antibiotics are
ineffective. I would respectfully suggest that improved culture,
particularly improved air movement, temperature management, and irrigation
scheduling should reduce problems. If these persist or cultural conditions
cannot be changed, use a fungicide and be sure to use the correct protective
gear when applying it.

Stuart Miller
Ornamental Horticulture
Chattanooga State Technical Community College