In a message dated 9/26/04 7:57:54 AM, Dr. Neptune writes:
> I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

I got an e-mail from Helga Gray explaining what to put in the Genus field.

<<I too use a Mac, and although I have not used the enabling software with OS
10, I gave up long ago with trying to trudge through with the available speed
and finally got a PC laptop, which I use only for Wildcatt>>

We were going to get Wildcatt and Panther anyway (Mac OS X version 10.3), so
the cost of Virtual PC 6 and Windows XP was much less than a cheap laptop.
Besides, all my orchid records and the club's show software are in FileMaker Pro
on the iMac, not to mention AOL, which gets me to the RHS site, MBG:
W3Tropicos and IPNI. What we call a real mechayah (transl. an enlivening experience).
Apparently, the speed of Windows in Panther is far superior to earlier Mac OS
versions. It's still a little slow, and you don't always see the little
hourglass, so you don't know what is going on. Sometimes you see a note on the
bottom, "Please be patient; your computer is thinking." Being familiar with the
paper versions of Sanders and AQ, I am well aware that Wildcatt is wading
through an enormous amount of data.
I still wish Wildcatt were available in a Mac version, but this works for me.
Iris