Viateur,

you said "Apparently, some people understand that CITES is both about
conservation
and trade". I'm not trying to argue either for or against your statement,
but I'd like point out that Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is hardly an
authoritative source.

This is the man who publically donned a Manchester United shirt in 1993,
then, one year later while attempting to buy Liverpool FC, said "I've been a
life-long Liverpool supporter". I know they say "a week in politics can be a
lifetime", but Merseysiders were left distinctly unimpressed. Mr
Shinawatra's bid failed.

Mr Shinawatra doesn't know the difference between a species and a hybrid.
Read your own quotation again.

Peter O'Byrne
Singapore